Dear Members and Friends:
My very best wishes to all of you as we approach fall and 2020! We have had a great year!
As the Society continues to grow, we are involved with local and citywide events, requiring volunteers. Life is busy, and I know this firsthand. But for the Society to continue to be viable, we need you! I know many of you would consider this opportunity but think, “I don’t know our city’s history. How can I be of any help?” Well, it’s simple – you start by showing up, and we promise to share our knowledge about our city so you can pass it on to others. If you love Culver City as much as we do, I encourage you to join us.
This is also election time for our 2020-2022 Board. We have a few openings that are vital to our Society:
- VP, Development: This position manages merchandise sold online and in our Archives store, and develops ideas for events and fundraising, including the Founder’s Day Picnic. This is a voting position.
- VP, Museum and Archives: This position works with the collection and displays in the museum and manages the open hours each month. This is a voting position.
- VP, Programs: This position selects program topics that are presented at the quarterly General Meetings. This is a voting position.
- Communications Chair: This position keeps the Historical Society’s good name out in the press through releases and our quarterly print newsletter. (Social media and InDesign knowledge are NOT a requirement.) Non-voting position.
- Volunteering: Choose your own adventure! We participate in about six events each year that require a friendly face handing out swag.
These positions are exciting and can be shaped by you. I have personally found my time volunteering to be rewarding, as have our current and previous board members. As the Society’s president, I am asking you to consider these positions. If the Historical Society is to continue to grow and operate in the years to come, we need you!
Please feel free to call me if you would like to know more.
Cell: (310) 880-6335