Historic Site #2: The Hull BuildingThe Hull Building, 1925
Marked: January 26, 1983

This structure, built by Dr. Foster Hull served as the first hospital in  Culver City; Hull lost the property during the Depression in the 1930s but the Freeman family purchased the building and it is still a family-owned property. It housed Freeman Furniture, Sunset Drug, the Bank of Orange County, Historic Site #2: The Hull Building markerRiccardo’s Restaurant, Bella Pasta and San Gennaro Italian restaurants and it is currently Akasha Restaurant. This structure  earned city Landmark status. The historic structure, like many in The Heart of Screenland, was memorialized in movies, including as ‘Flynn’s Arcade’ in “Tron” (1982).

Google Street View | Map of Culver City Historic Sites

Print Friendly, PDF & Email